Spanish City, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
North Tyneside Council
Scope of project:
- Restoration and repair of lost original features and additions of modern spaces to this iconic Grade II listed landmark in Whitley Bay. Key part of North Tyneside Council’s £36m Seafront regeneration plan.
- We delivered a full turnkey project from concept to installation.
- We recreated two towers either end of the building which were to house the original statues. Colonnades and vaulted entrance archway provided.
- These large scale parts were designed, manufactured and assembled as complete components with windows and electrics installed in the factory environment. Giving high quality control from concept to finish, eliminating weather delays, saving on time, labour and costs of installation.
- GRP cladding for the new build areas meant zero maintenance, high levels of durability and resistance to weather.