Audley Redwood, Bristol retirement village
Built to complement local Georgian architecture 106 apartments and 20 cottages.
Scope of project
- To produce entrance canopies 4.5m to 9m long in a lead roll colonial style roof with separate shaped soffit including the design and manufacture of ornate box frame support columns and wrought iron brackets.
- To be manufactured in one piece, assembled and installed by Millfield’s specialist installation teams.
- Supply of timber cored GRP encased chimneys with pots, in two types, the first to accept a two-coat render system, as applied to the building walls, and the second with brick slips bonded to it cut by Millfield, from bricks supplied from site to match the main building brickwork.
- We have the capabilities to design a working solution from an architect’s concept.
- We produce working drawings in either CAD or Revit for approval by the client.
- We produce moulds created in our in-house pattern shop, which will in turn be used to produce GRP working moulds from which all the panels required will be produced.
- The components will be assembled into the necessary structure, onto either temporary or permanent steel subframes for transportation, or incorporation into the works. At this point other sub-contractors can be given access to the structure to fit such things as windows, electrics, lightning protection, weathervanes, clocks and lighting and this is all completed in the safety and convenience of our modern factory which minimises site time and eliminates a considerable quantity of working at height.
- The completed units are transported to site and in most cases installed by Millfield’s specialist installation teams in one day, requiring no assistance or attendances from the main contractor.